Date Night Ideas For Married Couples
By Mary T James
Being in love isn't supposed to be hard work, but that doesn't mean that a marriage doesn't require some effort in order to make sure it works. A big part of this is ensuring that you keep that "spark" alive, and one of the most common ways of doing this is to make sure you put aside time every week/month for a date night.
The question is, what do you do on a date with someone you're married to?
The answer is: make the other person feel special, and there are lots of ways to do this. Here are some of favourite ideas for making a date with your partner go well.
1) Book a night at the theatre, not the cinema. It doesn't have to be something high brow - there are plenty of fun contemporary comedies or musicals that you would both enjoy.
2) Find a sport you can play together, such as badminton, or joining a running club.
3) Rent a DVD, and hole up under a blanket together.
4) Stay in, but both of you make an effort. So the man must shave, find a shirt, wear shoes and turn off the TV, and the woman puts on some new lingerie and dresses up. Then cook yourselves a romantic "restaurant" dinner at home. Yes, with candles. Make the effort, is the key with this one.
5) Agree on a small sum of money, and each of you must turn up with a gift for the other one. The small sum will make you both think hard about what is most suitable for your partner. The idea is to show that you really "know" them.
6) Flowers, just because. So that means bringing her flowers for no reason, other than it being a Friday, or bringing him flowers, because nobody ever buys men flowers.
7) Every so often, get the grandparents to take the kids, book into a hotel (even if you live nearby) and enjoy yourselves. Someone else can cook, clean and wash up for one night.
8) Haven't got a whole night? Find a local spa that you can both go to, so you can sit in a whirlpool together and maybe get a bit pampered.
The most important thing with a married date night, is to make the effort. Do put on some nice lingerie. Do spruce up and put on perfume. The same is true for men - get a new pair of boxer shorts. Get that hair cut.
Make yourself look nice for each other, because you'll feel better looking in the mirror and the act of preparation will get in the mood for your romantic evening together.
One last hint - get any conversations about work, the house, the kids, etc out of the way before you both start to get ready, so that your evening can really be about romance, and not about whether the phone bill has been paid.
We all tend to put on a few pounds when we get married, but that doesn't mean that you can't still find great underwear. Bigsmalls specialises in plus size lingerie and has done since 2006. It's one of the UK's leading retailers of underwear in Sizes 18-36.
There are plenty of exciting lines of outsize underwear that can spice up married life, from corsets to stockings.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Mary_T_James
Click the above image to get Sexy Challenges - All Day Arousal on Kindle.